Of the many types of software development categories out there, GPT-3 developers are among the newest specializations. Generative AI is an emerging technology, making finding GPT-3 experts with the right skills and experience challenging. These specialists have unique talents but must also understand common programming languages, website frameworks, and data structures.
Generative AI applications are exploding and have the power to significantly and positively impact businesses. A McKinsey and Company study analyzed 63 use cases for GenAi and estimated that the technology could provide value of up to $4.4 trillion to the global economy, impacting a wide range of industries.
Implementing these technologies requires determining which applications benefit your company, designing the product, building it, and integrating it within your system. However, many programs also need training to respond to your business’s information and structure.
Hiring a GPT-3 developer using traditional hiring methods is time-consuming and inefficient. Tech-savvy talent often utilize tech solutions to get their names out there and find the right employer and project matches. While some look for permanent positions, others prefer to freelance. We’ll walk you through how to hire GPT-3 developers and where to find skilled talent that meets your specific hiring and project needs.
Hiring a Freelance GPT-3 Developer
GPT-3 software development projects tend to be highly specialized and time-limited. Though you can find skilled talent in this field looking for full- or part-time employment, you might discover more benefits if you hire a freelance GPT-3 developer.
Freelancers often work through job marketplaces and networks, which provide you with a larger talent pool than you could get locally or through an agency. Additionally, working with freelancers gives you the flexibility to utilize their services as much or as little as you need.
What Does a GPT-3 Developer Do?
A GPT-3 developer utilizes a combination of traditional technology skills and well-honed creative muscles when building applications for businesses. The specific role of a developer in your business depends on what you hope to do with the technology. If unsure, a GPT-3 consultant can help you determine how to improve your company’s functions.
Use cases are numerous and constantly growing, and typical business applications include:
- Virtual assistants
- Automated customer service
- Language translation
- Writing or correcting code
- Website content creation
- Learning assistants
In addition to building the program, GPT-3 developers need to implement safeguards that limit some of the potential pitfalls of this technology, integrate it into existing technologies, and train it to work for your business.
Why Hire GPT-3 Developers
If you’ve wondered why hire dedicated GPT-3 developers instead of working with a traditional backend developer or your in-house IT team, we understand the appeal. However, programming with this technology uses natural language processing and large language models, which requires an additional skillset not utilized for other software engineering projects. Though generative AI is relatively new, searching for GPT-3 developers for hire ensures you find those with relevant experience and expertise.
“Programming with GPT-3 can feel like a much more creative process compared to traditional coding because of the natural language prompts. I believe AI will be integrated into every product in the future, and it’s been a pleasure working with developers of all experience levels from across the world who are creating innovative apps through the API.”
— Natalie Pistunovich, Lead Developer Advocate at Aerospike, Founder of Women Techmakers Berlin.
How To Hire GPT-3 Developers
Before beginning your talent search, you need to know what you want your GPT-3 developer to do for you. If you only know you want to find ways to utilize the technology to improve your company’s efficiency, you will need someone who can help you generate potential use cases. On the other hand, if your project is already well-defined, you can search for and hire GPT-3 developers with the skills and experience that match your particular project and business requirements.
Hiring a freelancer provides you with the greatest flexibility and range of candidates. Utilizing freelance marketplaces specializing in the tech industry and including candidates with GPT-3 engineering skills can significantly reduce the time and effort it takes to find the right talent. Some hiring sites offer additional services that help you narrow your choices to a few candidates. If you need a team of GPT-3 developers for end-to-end services, you may want to consider a fully managed service.
While you can hire junior GPT-3 developers, we don’t recommend it for most business applications. Effective programming with the technology requires a significant time and training investment. The more experience a developer has with GPT-3, the better the outcomes for you. Though they might charge a higher rate, you will likely save time and money in the long run and end up with a better product.
What Skills To Look For in a GPT-3 Developer
To find the most qualified candidates, you need to know the most desirable GPT-3 developer skills. Developers in this arena should have strong soft skills and the right technological experience, as they will likely work closely with other staff in your business. Additionally, since many work remotely, they must have excellent communication skills, be highly motivated, and be capable of working independently and with a team.
Technical skills should incorporate the breadth of the GPT-3 developer’s job to ensure you find talent with relevant experience. Skills to consider include experience with:
- Programming and development using APIs
- Large language models, natural language processing, and machine learning
- Writing algorithms for GPT-3 programs
- Working with various frameworks and platforms
If your business deals with sensitive data, such as financial information, you will also want a GPT-3 developer with security protocols and systems. Additionally, it’s important to find developers with experience working in similarly sized businesses and like projects. Finally, make sure the person you hire is a good fit for your company’s culture.
|Technical Skills||Soft Skills|
|Programming languages, such as Java, Python and C++||Strong grasp of natural language for prompting AI|
|Strong background using APIs||Strong written and verbal communication skills|
|Training generative AI models||Ability to collaborate with a team|
|Integrating multiple technologies||Ability to work independently, Self-motivated and accountable|
|Working with large language models||Strong problem-solving skills|
|Developing with natural language processing and machine learning||Time management skills, Ability to adhere to strict deadlines|
|Data processing and analysis of big data, both structured and unstructured||Capable of adapting to new environments and changes in plans|
How Much Does It Cost To Hire GPT-3 Developers?
The cost of hiring a GPT-3 developer varies according to the professional’s experience, the project's scope, the talent’s location, and the hiring source you use. For example, Slashdev advertises developer rates of $28-$38 per hour, while Bacancy advertises a $40 hourly rate and a $5,600 monthly rate for 160 hours.
Tips for Writing a GPT-3 Developer Job Description
Competition for experienced GPT-3 developers can be high, with more employers seeking talent than qualified candidates available. You will want to craft an engaging job description that highlights the value your company brings to the candidate, such as the types of projects the developer will get to work on, opportunities for creativity, and your company culture.
When writing your GPT-3 developer job description, clearly describe the required skills, education, and experience. While some platforms, such as Toptal, thoroughly vet talent before allowing them to utilize their site, you must determine whether you will require additional assessments and include them in the description. Technical assessments, pair-programming exercises, and behavioral interviews allow you to gather data on candidates’ specific skill sets, including soft skills. However, they can be time-consuming and potentially lead to lost opportunities to hire strong candidates.
Common Interview Questions To Ask When You Are Looking To Hire a GPT-3 Developer
When interviewing potential GPT-3 developers, you will want to ask questions that reveal the candidates’ qualifications for the project you need them to complete, along with standard interview questions. Examples of common questions and desirable answers include:
- How much experience do you have in GPT-3 programming? Since OpenAI only released GPT-3 to the public in 2020, even the most experienced candidates won’t have been working with it for long. However, they should be able to tell you how deeply they’ve engaged with it.
- What kind of projects have you worked on using GPT 3? Ideally, candidates will have sufficient experience with the type of project you need them for, as well as additional projects, displaying versatility and adaptability.
- What programming languages are you proficient in? Candidates should be proficient in multiple programming languages, including Java and Python.
- How do you troubleshoot programming issues? Candidates should provide multiple troubleshooting methods and examples of times they’ve implemented them.
While these suggestions are enough to get you started, you should ultimately fine-tune them and add your own to reflect the depth, breadth, and complexity of skills needed for the job.
Where To Hire/Find GPT-3 Developers for Hire
You can find GPT-3 developers for hire through multiple sources, including freelance marketplaces, outsourcing agencies, and job boards. When exploring sites to hire GPT-3 developers, consider factors such as talent experience, costs, number of developers needed, and hiring speed. A company like Toptal combines personalized services that help you find the right talent for your project with a pool of highly skilled and vetted GPT-3 developers, allowing you to connect with the ideal candidate quickly and with little effort.
Why Strategically Hiring a GPT-3 Developer Is Crucial
Strategically hiring a GPT-3 developer ensures you find talent capable of building applications for this emerging technology. Understanding the technology, identifying your needs for a GPT-3 developer, determining critical technical and soft skills, and conducting focused interviews can speed up the hiring process and connect you to qualified developers so your company can embrace tools to spur growth and success.
Hiring GPT-3 Developers - FAQs
- Are GPT-3 Developers in Demand?
GPT-3 is an emerging technology and developers are in high demand as more businesses incorporate generative AI into their processes. For instance, Gartner research indicates that GenAI will create 30% of all outbound messages for large industries by 2025, up from 2% in 2022.
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire a GPT-3 Developer?
- The cost to hire a GPT-3 developer varies significantly, depending on your project’s complexity, the developer’s skill and experience level, and the route you use to hire. You can find a developer on Slashdev for $28 per hour or hire a senior GPT-3 developer from Bacancy for $5,600 monthly for 160 hours of work.
- Where Can I Hire GPT-3 Developers?
- Numerous services help you find GPT-3 developers, but the top five are Toptal, Freelancer, Gigster, Guru, and Upwork. You can explore a complete list of options in our guide and learn what each offers.
- How Do You Hire GPT-3 Developers?
- Understanding what you need from your GPT-3 developer is critical to ensuring you find talent that matches. Define your project, desired technical and soft skills, budget, and timeline. After clearly outlining your parameters, decide whether to hire a freelancer, managed services, or full- or part-time staff, and choose your recruitment methods. If you use one of the many online services available, research your options and pick one that provides access to the right talent for your project. Most services will need you to create a job description. You may also need to interview candidates before making any offers.
- Why Should You Hire a GPT-3 Developer?
- Incorporating GPT-3 technology into your business can give you an advantage, with increased efficiency and improved customer and user experiences. Though the technology is new and rapidly evolving, implementing it effectively requires skills in natural language processing and large language models that most developers aren’t yet proficient in.