What is Python?
Python is a programming language created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991. According to Python.org, Python is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language with dynamic semantics. Python’s high-level built-in data structures, combined with dynamic typing and dynamic binding, make it very attractive for Rapid Application Development. Python is a simple, easy-to-learn programming language that focuses on readability and reduces the cost of program maintenance.
Review of Python Development
Python has powered many ground-breaking ideas recently. Ansible; asciinema; the Atheris code coverage tool; authentik (replacement for Keycloak); Beautiful Soup to parse HTML; bump2version; Celery for distributed queue processing; Click and Typer to replace argparse; and more.
Python will power more machine learning and AI projects. Python-based libraries like Tensorflow, Pytorch, Scikit, Matplotlib, Pandas and NumPy provide a strong foundation for its growth.
Another reason for Python’s success is down to the fact that major games like “The Sims”, and “Battlefield” were partly developed using Python. This is because Python enjoys code readability, and can be easily embedded on top of C/C++ codebases.
Some of the best python freelancing websites to hire senior developers include Toptal, Arc, Gun.io, Fiverr, Upwork, and more.
One of the main reasons behind Python’s popularity is that the programming language makes for a great way to learn how to code. Python reads almost like plain English and has many features that allow you to write complex tasks very simply. Here are some more reasons why Python is so popular:
- Python is one of the best and easiest languages to learn and code.
- Python boasts of a mature and supportive online community of developers.
- Python is heavily used in IoT, AI, and Gaming.
- Python is versatile and dynamic for web development.
- Python has an excellent suite of frameworks and libraries.
Advantages And Challenges Of Python Development
- Easy to Read, Learn and Write: Python is a high-level programming language with an English-like syntax making it easier to read and code.
- Improves Productivity: Since Python is a very easy programming language to learn and code, developers can focus on problem-solving.
- Free and Open-Source: Python is an OSI-approved open-source language making it free to use and distribute.
- Slow Speed: Since Python is an interpreted language and dynamically-typed language, it often leads to slow speeds of execution and functioning.
- Memory Inefficient: The Python programming language uses a large amount of memory.
What is a Python Developer?
While a Python Developer's role can span a wide variety of duties, typically speaking a Python Developer is responsible for the coding, designing, deploying, and debugging of development projects. Python development usually takes place on the server-side (or back-end), however, Python developers do help organizations with their technological framework.
How To Hire A Great Freelance Python Developer
Some of the best sites to hire dedicated Python developers include Toptal, Arc, Upwork, and more. Here is what you need to keep in mind when hiring a Python developer:
- Study the Python developer’s portfolio and body of work.
- Get on a call with the Python developer freelancer to get to know them more acutely.
- Discuss, explain, communicate, and give full context and all the details about the project.
- Offer a paid trial period to your Python developer so you get a feel for their style of working.
Essentially, there are three different options when your want to hire Python developer freelancers. Hiring a full-time or part-time Python developer makes sense if you are building an in-house web development or tech team or building a large product that will require the presence of a Python developer. Although hiring full-time Python developers has its cons such as paid leaves and insurance expenses, there are several benefits such as high rates of productivity, consistency, and a stronger level of loyalty. Hiring part-time extends the benefits of cost-efficiency and ROI. Hiring freelance Python developers that are often very experienced, brings in extra flexibility and can be easier to source than a local employee.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire Freelance Python Developer?
The cost of hiring an on-site versus a remote Python developer may differ. Having said that, there are certain factors that determine the cost of freelance Python coders for hire:
- Complexity and scope of the project
- The geographic location of the freelance developer and the employer
- Expertise and experience level of the developer
- Past work experience and brands they’ve worked with
What Skills to Look for Before Hiring a Freelance Python Developer
Look for the following qualities in your freelance Python developer candidates.
- Strong tech stack and extensive experience with some of the most popular languages
- Experience with various Python frameworks and latest updates
- Great communication and soft skills
- Ability to work independently and understand project requirements.
- Strongly motivated and reliable
- Depth in past work
- Keen problem solving and coding
- Excellent reviews and feedbacks
Choosing the Right Site to Hire Python Developers
Talent-matching services like Toptal offer highly qualified and pre-vetted candidates that make for a great solution for employers searching for talented Python developers. On the other hand, platforms like LinkedIn are great to hunt for developers but much of the recruiting process will be your responsibility. In case of the latter, the employer has more control over who to hire whereas the former makes it easy to hire qualified candidates without having to put in the legwork.
Which site will best serve you will depend on your specific situation.
Ultimately, which sites you employ depends on a multitude of factors, such as:
- How quickly you need to hire a Python developer (i.e. your timeline)
- How much experience you have hiring Python developers
- Whether or not you're equipped to test technical skills in the development process
- How many developers you need to bring on
- The level of experience you need for Python developers
- Whether or not you're open to remote workers
- Your project management capabilities
- What your budget constraints are
- How important quality is to your software solutions
Hiring Python developers - FAQ
- Where to hire Python developers if outside the US?
- Several countries in Western Europe, South East Asia, Latin America, and Africa make for a great choice to hire Python developers outside of the US. The tremendous demand for software development services has enabled countries like India, Germany, Brazil, Poland, and others to emerge as promising destinations for hiring Python developers. The cost of hiring experienced developers is, in many cases, significantly lower than in the US.
- How much do Python programmers make?
A mid-level Python programmer will average $96,000 per year, with the potential to make more as a senior programmer. Compare that salary with other web developers.
- What are the skills required for Python developer?
Python developer should be skilled in:
- One Python-related web framework, like Django or Flask.
- Using ORM libraries.
- The value of multi-process architecture, Python, and design.
- Comprehension of server-side frameworks like as Jinja 2 or Maklo.
- Understanding of repositories such as GitHub and GitLab.
Find a Python developer to hire.
- Where can I hire Python developers?
- We Work Remotely
- GitHub Jobs
Find more recommended sites to hire a Python developer.