Arduino development is a cross-platform application (for Windows, macOS, Linux) that is written in functions from C and C++.
John M. Hughes, Author of “Arduino: A Technical Reference” explains how important the language is becoming in his book:
With the rising popularity of Arduino as a software platform, it’s only natural for recruiters to hire the right candidates for their development projects.
Finding the right Arduino developers can be a daunting task, especially if you are new to the world of recruiting developers. The process of finding, testing, vetting, and ultimately hiring candidates can get cumbersome. Several platforms like Toptal eliminate the arduous recruitment processes by offering top talent.
However, it is wise to understand what parameters to consider before hiring the right Arduino developer.
Here are some important parameters to address before choosing a website to hire QA testers:
1. The type of projects the platform and its developers have worked on in the past.
2. The quality of the developers’ work.
3. Experience of the developers is relevant to Arduino development technologies such as: Internet of things (IOT), Microcontroller, Raspberry PI, embedded systems and firmware, home automation, Matlab etc.
4. What the reviews say.
5. Evaluate costs and projected timelines.
Having said this, ultimately, which sites you use to hire Arduino developers depends on several factors, such as:
- How quickly do you need to hire an Arduino developer?
- How much experience do you have hiring tech talent?
- Are you equipped to test technical skills?
- How many Arduino developers do you need to develop your project?
- What level of experience those Arduino developers need?
- Whether or not you're open to remote or freelance workers?
- What is your budget and timeline for hiring an Arduino developer?
- How important is quality to your project(s)?
Hiring Arduino developers - FAQ
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire an Arduino Developer?
U.S. Arduino developers earn an average of $152,323 annually, or $73 hourly. Yearly compensation ranges from $34,000 to $207,000, depending on project complexity, years of experience, skill levels and location.
- How Do I Hire Arduino Developers?
The first step in your hiring process must be identifying project details, such as:
- Goals, scope and nature
- Required skill sets
Armed with this information, you can use this guide’s top sites to source freelance Arduino developers and part-time or full-time employees. Each site and hiring method has benefits, so compare them to see which options work best for you.
To save time, choose talent-matching services like Toptal that only allow rigorously vetted developers onto their platforms.
- Why Should You Hire an Arduino Developer?
The Arduino platform enables automation by connecting user inputs through software to real-time actions in hardware. Examples of this technology in action include:
- Traffic light control
- Internet of Things
- Industrial automation systems
- Real-time temperature displays
Amazon’s Alexa uses Arduino to facilitate voice-controlled actions.
If your project’s goals include producing or utilizing similar technologies, consider hiring an Arduino developer. The open-source platform is versatile, cost-effective and enables faster, more reliable integrations.
- Are Arduino Developers in Demand?
The world is migrating toward automated solutions, and Arduino is a leading platform that enables the construction of those solutions. Sales for the Arduino Pro line, introduced in 2020, have doubled each year. This remarkable growth rate and the advances in automation indicate that the demand for Arduino developers will continue to rise accordingly.