The cloud is often a safe, cost-effective, and extremely useful, making it no surprise why businesses are all moving towards this incredibly innovated digital platform.
If you’re open to a service which can match you with the perfect freelance talent for your project, then Toptal comes at the very highest recommendation. If you prefer sorting through resumes yourself, then freelance marketplaces like Upwork, Guru, and People Per Hour will be right up your alley. Meanwhile, services such as AWS Job Board can assist you in looking for full-time AWS consultants.
Ultimately, before you hire an Amazon Web Services developer or contractor, consider the following:
- How quickly you need to hire an AWS consultant (i.e., your timeline)
- How much experience you have hiring AWS consultants
- Whether or not you're equipped to test technical skills
- How many developers you need to bring on
- What level of experience those front-end developers need
- Whether or not you're open to remote workers
- What your budget constraints are
- How important quality is to your project(s)
Hiring AWS consultants - FAQ
- Are AWS Consultants in Demand?
- Many companies are migrating to cloud-based solutions. With AWS being the most widely-used cloud and offering so many vital services, the demand for AWS consultants continues to rise.
- Why Should You Hire an AWS Consultant?
Amazon Web Services offers more than 200 services through the cloud. This cloud computing platform has the largest market share of similar cloud services and enables on-demand operations such as:
- Content delivery
Benefits of AWS include its scalability, reliability, convenience and low cost.
AWS consultants with in-depth knowledge of AWS architecture help clients with the platform’s technical features, design cloud-based applications and implement solutions. They also use their business knowledge to help you address common problems.
- How Do I Hire AWS Consultants?
Along with your budget, you must create a compelling job description. Include relevant details, such as:
- Project nature, goals and scope
- Start date and project longevity
- Required and desired skill sets and experience
- Role responsibilities
- Hiring structure: Remote, hybrid or on-site location, and freelance, contract-to-hire, part- or full-time employee status
Some hiring sites, such as Toptal, discuss your project and help you determine the best hiring strategies and the various skill sets your project requires. Toptal also pre-vets platform talent, taking that responsibility off your shoulders.
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire an AWS Consultant?
AWS consultants in the U.S. make an average of $114,489 per year, or $55 per hour. Annual salaries range from $35,000 to $170,000; salary calculators consider years of experience, location, skill levels and project complexity.