Top data science engineers can be tough to find and even harder to hire. If you want to hire data science engineers swiftly -- fear not. There are websites, services, and recruiters ready to help you find and hire top data scientists.
Data science is more than an Excel wizard. Generally, data scientists review and clean the data, and then apply proper machine learning, algorithms, and deep learning to provide insights from the data. The amount of real-world big data--structured and unstructured datasets--has increased across organizations as more metrics can be tracked with digital tools.
Before you choose any one site to employ data scientists, be sure you understand who you’re looking for as a data scientist. Do you need an experienced freelancer or a data science agency? A remote full-time hire? Would you rather find local data scientists or software engineers for hire?
Whatever your preferences, it’s vital to take a survey of your needs. If you want to embark on the hiring journey without another service’s help, you may want to use data science-centric job boards like iCrunchData or Open Data Science.
If not, it may be better to trust a service like Toptal, Gigster, or Gun.io. These companies can quickly and efficiently match you with qualified data science engineers.
Before choosing the sites or services you want to leverage, consider the following:
- How many years of experience the data engineers need
- The current state of your data structures, data pipelines, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and your data mining process
- How flexible you are with remote work for your data engineers
- Their technical skills with machine learning algorithms, data engineering, and software engineering
- Additional developers, software engineers, or designers you may need for data visualization
- The number of data science engineers you need for machine learning and algorithms
- If you need to hire full-time data scientists or if knowledgeable freelancers can help
- Whether or not the quality of work is important to you and your level of project management
- How experienced you are with data science and working with freelancers
Hiring Data Scientists FAQs
- How Do I Hire Data Scientists?
You may hire data scientists for many reasons, such as designating target markets, improving marketing strategies, proving causation for trends, or developing new processes. You may need one or a team of these highly skilled professionals. Decide:
The nature and scope of your project
Your budget and timeline
How many data scientists you need
Whether part-time, full-time, or freelance data scientists meet your needs best
You can use matching services, job boards, or data science agencies to find qualified candidates for your position. You’ll often save money by hiring freelancers.
- Are Data Scientists in Demand?
The predicted growth rate for data scientists is 36% by 2031, far faster than the national average of 5%. Organizations of all kinds value the meaningful, often-profitable insights derived from big data; the tangible value of these insights powers the considerable demand for these highly skilled professionals.
- Where can I find freelance Data Scientists?
- Some of the best platforms to hire are:
- Open Data Science Jobs
- Scalable Path
See the complete list of sites to hire Data Scientists.
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Data Scientist?
U.S. data scientists earn an average of $127,128 yearly or $61 per hour. Annual salaries can range from $36,500 to $197,000. Compensation varies, usually depending on skill levels, years of experience, and location.
- Why Should You Hire a Data Scientist?
Many industries and organizations depend on information derived from vast quantities of data to make sound decisions. While data analysts work with existing data, a data scientist’s role is more in-depth. These professionals:
Identify relevant questions
Build quantitative algorithms and AI models, and develop other techniques to gather and process raw, unstructured data from various sources
Use their business acumen and industry knowledge to compile meaningful insights
Make and communicate fact-based inferences to drive better organizational results
Hiring a data scientist can give you a competitive edge and provide invaluable information to assist with decision making.