A Data Analyst has the important job of translating numbers, data and SQL tables into comprehensible text so that various divisions of a company can use the information to make crucial data-driven decisions. Today, data is used for business intelligence, market research, logistics, sales figures, product costs and transportation, just to name a few. The role of a data analyst enables companies to make sound business decisions and develop better practices.
However, finding and hiring a data analyst can be challenging, especially if you are new to the game of recruiting. While platforms like Toptal make the process of hiring easy given their pre-vetted candidates, other platforms leave the heavy lifting of screening candidates on the shoulders of the employer.
Before you zero in on which platform you are going to use and which data analyst you are going to hire, address the following parameters:
1. The type of projects the platform and its data analysts have worked on in the past.
2. The quality of the data analysts’ work.
3. Experience of the data analyst.
4. What the reviews say.
5. Evaluate costs and projected timelines.
Having said this, ultimately, which website you use to hire data analysts should depend on the following factors, such as:
- How quickly do you need to hire a data analyst?
- How much experience do you have hiring tech talent?
- Are you equipped to test technical and analytical skills?
- How many data analysts do you need for your project?
- What level of experience do those data analysts need to have?
- What is your budget and timeline for hiring a data analyst?
- How important is quality to your project(s)?
Hiring Data Analysts FAQs
- Are Data Analysts in Demand?
Organizations and businesses interested in accuracy and improvement routinely hire data analysts to provide crucial information. The demand for qualified data analysts will continue to grow at a much faster pace than the average national rate of 5% in the next several years.
- Where can I find freelance Data Analysts developers?
- Some of the best platforms to hire are:
See the complete list of sites to hire Data Analysts developers.
- Why Should You Hire a Data Analyst?
All types of businesses and organizations need to analyze vital data daily to make informed decisions that can affect profits and outcomes. Depending on your issue and desired result, professional data analysts perform different types of analysis:
Descriptive: identify what happened
Diagnostic: determine why something happened
Predictive: future projections
Prescriptive: actionable advice
Data analysts gather and interpret data, then present their findings in key areas, such as:
Market research, demographics, and advertising
Operational efficiency or processes
Competent data analysts can spot strengths and weaknesses; their work typically makes your organization more efficient, effective, and profitable.
- How Do I Hire Data Analysts?
Because data analysts can perform so many functions, you’ll want to clearly define your goals so you can choose one whose specialty matches your needs. Data analysts need a solid mathematical background, specifically in statistics. They also need data visualization skills, knowledge of statistical programming languages, experience using database tools, and industry knowledge.
In your project’s planning stages, also determine:
How many data analysts you need
Specific expectations for your analysts
You can use top sites to hire data analysts, whether you need part-time, full-time, or freelancers. Hiring a freelancer typically reduces your costs.
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Data Analyst?
The annual salary for data analysts in the U.S. averages $80,429, although salaries range from $30,000 to $138,000. The hourly average is $39. Compensation varies by the type of analyst, their skill level, experience, and location.