Lua is a powerful, fast, and multi-paradigm programming language that is easy to learn and implement into various applications. Lua is designed to be a lightweight easy-to-embed scripting language that can be used for a host of applications, from gaming to web apps and even image processing.
If you’re new to the game of recruiting and hiring freelance developers, then finding the right Lua developers can be a bit of a challenge. While hiring Lua developers from platforms like Toptal and Arc that do the heavy lifting of vetting candidates is easy, the process of screening and vetting candidates from platforms like LinkedIn and Fiverr can be cumbersome.
So, which platform should you go for? Here are some important parameters to address before choosing a platform to hire Lua developers:
1. What kind of work has the platform and its developers done in the past? Check if the type of work matches your project requirements.
2. What is the quality of work? Check if the website or its developers have won any industry-relevant awards or accolades.
3. How experienced is the team of developers? Check when the website or platform was founded and how many years of experience its developers have.
4. What do the reviews say? Read reviews and comments to check if previous customers had anything negative to say.
5. Does the cost and projected timeline fit your budget and schedule? Check if the cost of the platform and timelines proposed by its developers are in tune with your budgets and schedule.
Hiring Lua developers - FAQ
- How Do I Hire Lua Developers?
A clear project description is your first order of business. Define your:
- Team member requirements
- Nature, goals and scope
You can build your team using remote talent, freelancers, contract-to-hire and part- or full-time employee hiring strategies. The top sites we list are great places to source Lua developers.
A successful project relies on highly-qualified team members. If you’re uncomfortable vetting technical skills, look for sites such as Toptal that offer pre-vetted talent.
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Lua Developer?
The U.S. national average salary for Lua developers is $98,636 annually, or $47 per hour. Factors like developers’ skill levels, their years of experience, project complexity and location create a yearly earnings range of $58,000 to $154,500.
- Why Should You Hire a Lua Developer?
- Developers use the versatile Lua programming language to construct many kinds of applications, including embedded systems and gaming. For example, Angry Birds, World of Warcraft and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom use this scripting language, as do Shopify and Venmo. AI frameworks and healthcare technology are other fields that utilize Lua, although video game development is its primary application. Lua’s simplicity and small size make it cost-effective, time-saving, flexible and scalable. It doesn’t use much memory, so your applications should also load and run faster.
- Are Lua Developers in Demand?
The Lua language is a valuable addition to any developer’s tool kit, enabling easy embedding and scalable solutions. Gaming and other industries utilize Lua, making it the 32nd most popular programming language as of September 2023. The job outlook for developers projects a 25% increase by 2032.