With an increase in demand for statistical data modeling and manipulation developers, MATLAB and Simulink are fast gaining traction among software developers. Computational algorithms, big data, and even epidemic data handling is so much better structured with the pair of programming languages.
But what makes one developer stand out from what now seems a lake to fish from? Well, consider the following factors:
- The number of years using MATLAB - these give a general perception of advanced expertise. The longer someone has been coding in a certain language, the more likely they'll be ready to tackle problems quicker.
- Complimentary skills - the more data engineering languages a developer is aware and capable of working with, the better chances your project has of succeeding. While specialists might sometimes hold better appeal, a comprehensive understanding of the field covers more ground quicker.
- Amount of completed projects - we often tie this factor with the asked rate from the MATLAB developer. If a developer has only worked on a single project (or none), their chances of landing more work are slimmer than that of an equally priced freelancer.
These are just a few of the reasoning factors that determine which freelancer works on a MATLAB project, regardless of the platform on which they're being extracted. It boils down to the actual project in question. However, with the 15 platforms projected above, you will surely get the most promising MATLAB developer/s working on your project.
Hiring MATLAB developers - FAQ
- How Do I Hire MATLAB Developers?
You must plan your project before you staff your team. Create a thorough outline that includes vital project details, such as your:
- Targeted timeframes
- Goals, nature and scope
- Team staffing plan and required skill sets
Your staffing plan should include sourcing methods, the number of developers you need, the hiring method (remote, freelance, employee or contract-to-hire) and the number of weekly hours each professional needs to work.
Many people aren’t qualified to vet a MATLAB developer’s technical skills. Use resources like Toptal to match you with pre-vetted candidates.
- Why Should You Hire a MATLAB Developer?
The MATLAB platform combines a numeric computing environment with a specialized programming language designed for scientists and engineers to develop algorithms, analyze data and create models. This combination expresses computational mathematics naturally.
MATLAB developers can perform many functions, including:
- Constructing advanced applications for algorithm development, code generation, deep or machine learning, signal processing, data analysis, parallel computing, control design automation, product lifecycle management, embedded systems and much more
- Project organizing, testing and debugging
- Coding simulations
- Automating workflows
NASA, Nissan, Stanford University and other organizations in the automotive, medical and additional industries use MATLAB-created products.
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire a MATLAB Developer?
Plan to spend an average of $113,581 yearly, or $55 hourly, to hire a MATLAB developer in the U.S. Annual salaries range from $49,000 to $181,000, depending on skill levels, project complexity, years of experience and location.
- Are MATLAB Developers in Demand?
The field of data science continues its rapid expansion. MATLAB is specifically geared toward supporting this field, meaning that the high demand for MATLAB developers should expand accordingly. Software developers and data scientists expect 25% and 35% increases in job growth by 2032.