Solidity is a programming language used most commonly by the cryptocurrency industry for smart contracts. The Ethereum Network Team developed this programming interface for blockchain purposes. Today, some companies that use blockchain for their businesses may need to hire Solidity developers to help improve their bottom line. Here are the best resources to help hiring managers find freelance Solidity developers for their projects.
If you need to hire Solidity developers, it’s important to get the most talented people. Executing smart contracts within your blockchain constraints can help your business model be more efficient with remote Solidity developers.
What Are Solidity Developers?
A Solidity developer is someone who creates the code that runs smart contracts on the second largest blockchain model, Ethereum. The Ethereum network processes more than 1 million transactions per day via its smart contract process. Solidity is the programming language used to create smart contracts, which automate each transaction on the Ethereum network. Companies need to keep up with the demand for remote Solidity developers as blockchain transactions increase throughout the industries.
How To Hire Solidity Developers
The process of hiring Solidity developers is challenging for businesses. Skilled developers are harder to find, so hiring managers need to be creative with how they recruit the top Solidity developers. Companies need to be flexible when looking for talent and consider hiring part-time, temporary or remote Solidity developers to fit their needs. Hiring a freelance employee or outsourcing benefits companies by saving money on employer taxes, benefit packages and other expenses.
What Skills To Look for Before Hiring Solidity Developers
A Solidity developer has to have several key skills in order to be a successful addition to your team. Developers in general need to have specific certifications and tech knowledge in order to get an interview. Soft skills, like the abilities to communicate effectively, work as a team and make deadlines are also important. Here are commonly required skills for the best Solidity developers:
- Programming - Candidates should have extensive knowledge of Python, C++ and other programming languages.
- Blockchain - They should also be familiar with blockchain commands and transactions in the Ethereum environment.
- Smart Contracts - Developers have to know how to code the language in a smart contract on a blockchain platform.
Solidity Developers Salary Guide
According to glassdoor.com, the average base salary for a full-time Solidity developer is $63,525 per year with $26,839 in bonuses and additional pay. Part-time or freelance Solidity developers can make $6,000 or more a month.
Find the Right Site to Hire Solidity developers for your Project
The easiest way to hire Solidity developers for your project is to use one of the sites listed in this guide. Many of these sites have already vetted the candidates, saving you as a hiring manager time and effort from having to sift through resumes and verify credentials. The right site can help make your hiring process much easier and land you the perfect candidate who can start working right away.
Why Hire a Solidity Developer?
Hiring a Solidity developer team can help your business get access to the powerful Ethereum blockchain network. This network gives your business a way to conduct transactions and improve its efficiency. The transactions on this platform operate through smart contracts, which are software-based automated contracts. This means no middlemen and no need to invest in an expensive lawyer to manage a contract for services or products between two parties.
How To Find a Great Freelance Solidity Developer
When you want to hire the very best, you have to spread out your resources and cast a wide net in today’s competitive hiring marketplace. Before moving forward with candidates from a specific site, make sure you understand their vetting process if they have one and how they recruit potential candidates. Here are some other ways you can judge a site for hiring freelance Solidity developers:
- Costs - Check out the costs that you’ll incur from using a recruiting site for freelance developers. Some sites charge the company and others charge candidates.
- Number of Users - A quality site for hiring developers should have a large number of potential candidates and users to give you access to as many talented people as possible.
- References - Review each site’s list of former and current business clients to get an idea of what kind of firms have luck with their services.
Things To Consider Before Hiring
Once you have decided on a few sites to use for recruiting Solidity developers, you can then start reviewing candidates for your project. Some sites help you do this with a dedicated staff member who listens to your needs and matches you to potential talent. Here are other things you’ll need to consider before hiring someone for the role:
- Contractor or Regular Employee - Hiring independent contractors over a regular employee may be more financially advantageous depending on your company’s structure.
- Experienced or New - Some businesses choose to only hire experienced Solidity developers while others wouldn’t mind training developers for the job to help save on costs.
- On-Site or Remote - If you have a physical office location, you may be able to recruit on-site personnel. Hiring a remote team could give you much more flexibility and options for the best and the brightest.
The key to finding the top talent in the IT industry is expanding your network with a guide like this list. Explore it to gain access to the best Solidity developers for your company’s next projects.
Hiring Solidity developers - FAQs
- Where can I find Solidity developers for hire?
Explore more sites in our comprehensive list of top companies.
- How Do I Hire Solidity Developers?
Solidity developers typically have additional areas of expertise. Before you can find one with the right qualifications, you need to define your project:
- What are your goals?
- Is this a short-term or long-term project, and what is your timeframe?
- What is your budget?
- Will you need one or more freelance, part-time or full-time Solidity developers?
- What additional skill sets should candidates have?
When you’re ready to begin hiring, you can find qualified candidates by using top sites to post your positions, view Solidity developer profiles and portfolios or utilize talent-matching services.
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Solidity Developer?
The average Solidity developer in the U.S. earns $162,127 yearly or $78 hourly. Annual salaries range from $110,000 to $193,000, depending on experience, location and skills. You may avoid related payroll and overhead expenses by hiring freelancers.
- Why Should You Hire a Solidity Developer?
The uses of blockchain technology are rapidly expanding. This technology uses smart contracts, which are blockchain programs that execute automatically when specific conditions exist. Automating contractual agreements saves time, guarantees the outcome and eliminates the need for other involvement.
Smart contracts include code that specifies the terms. Created by Ethereum, Solidity is a programming language specifically designed to develop smart contracts. Solidity developers can:
- Assess business goals to determine your technical needs
- Create, test, audit and execute smart contracts in Ethereum applications
- Perform blockchain research
- Ensuring efficiency, security and scalability
Many industries, including e-commerce, financial and healthcare, benefit from using smart contracts.
- Are Solidity Developers In Demand?
As the use of blockchain technology and smart contracts increases, the demand for skilled Solidity developers will also rise. In 2022 alone, the demand for blockchain developers grew by 552%. The projected growth rate for software developers as a whole is 25% by 2031.