What is React?
Essentially, React makes it easy to build interactive user interfaces for web apps and mobile apps. React enables building stand-alone UI components and complete user interfaces, including the visual elements and the logic that governs these elements. Since React is a front-end technology and not restrictive, it can be paired with a variety of other technologies for executing the back-end functions too.
This way, React works as an efficient ecosystem of tools and approaches, which justifies itself as having so many different use cases – web app development, mobile app development, static site building, desktop apps development, and even VR app development. The idea of learning once and using it everywhere is still very applicable and true in the case of React.js.
Some of the best sites to hire React developers include Toptal, Arc, Upwork, Guru, and more.
Why is React Development So Popular?
React owes its popularity to its extra simplicity and flexibility. The developer community even refers to React as the future of web development and estimates that more than 1,300 developers and over 94,000 sites utilize ReactJS. Here are some more reasons why React is so popular:
- React makes it possible to break the complex UI/UX development into simpler components.
- React enables developers to take all the content that can change during the application and place it in a single location, aka ‘State’.
- React uses Virtual DOM which helps developers to know when exactly to re-render or when to ignore some specific pieces of DOM.
- React enables companies and enterprises to craft apps with better UI to enhance end-user experiences.
|What is React used for?||Building user interfaces for web and mobile applications, Creating single-page applications, Developing reusable UI components|
|Advantages:||Component-Based Architecture, Virtual DOM, Large & Active community|
|Disadvantages:||Learning curve, Tooling complexity, Lack of official guidance|
|Freelancers average hourly rate:||$15 to $150 an hour, depending on factors such as skill lever, experience, location and complexity of the project.|
|Where to hire?||Freelance marketplaces, talent platforms, outsourcing firms, development communities, React-specific job boards|
Advantages And Challenges of React Development
- ReactJS is easy to learn and use.
- React uses reusable components making it easier and faster to build web apps.
- React technologies are updating and accelerating rapidly, so there is no time to maintain proper documentation.
Global Websites That Use React
Here are the top 10 websites from across the globe using that use React:
These websites are a clear indication that React is here to stay.
What is a React Developer?
How to Hire a Great Freelance React Developer
Some of the best sites to hire React.js developers include Toptal, Arc, Upwork, and more. Here is what you need to keep in mind when hiring a React developer:
- Define your hiring needs: Based on your company’s culture it is crucial to hire like-minded React developers to build a healthy work environment and strong team.
- Create a hiring funnel: Divide your recruiting process into efficient parts like candidate screening, tests, tasks, and interviews.
- Use specific tech hiring platforms and tools: A great way to find React developers for hire is to turn to platforms like Toptal, Arc, and more.
Different Options for Hiring React Developers
Essentially, there are three different options for hiring React developers.
- Hiring a full-time React developer is wise if you are building an in-house development or tech team. Hiring full-time React developers comes at a higher cost but ensures employee loyalty and better productivity.
- Hiring part-time React developers makes sense when you do not require a dedicated resource all the time. Hiring part-time Reac developers is a good option when you are looking for student developers or working flexible hours or working in different time zones or remotely.
- Hiring freelance React programmers comes at the advantage of cost efficiency and flexibility. You can hire the best talent even if they are located in the other side of the world.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire Freelance React Developer?
According to Upwork, the rates of ReactJS developers vary from $15 to $150 an hour. Fixed price contracts depend upon the duration and the scope of the project. Usually, a Full-Stack developer with expertise in MERN Stack Development (MongoDB, Express, ReactJS, NodeJS) will cost more than $100 per hour.
Here are some parameters that can and do affect the cost of hiring React developers:
- Complexity and scope of the project
- The geographic location of the freelance developer and the employer
- Expertise and experience level of the developer
- Past work experience and brands they’ve worked with
What Skills to Look for Before Hiring a Freelance React Developer
Look for the following qualities in your freelance React developer candidates.
- Strong technical proficiency
- Experience with various React frameworks
- Great communication and soft skills
- Ability to work independently
- Highly motivated and reliable
- Depth in past work
- Quick problem solving and coding
- Positive reviews and feedbacks
How Do You Choose The Right Site To Hire React Developers?
Hopefully, you should now have a much clearer idea of where to begin your search for a React specialist. If you're still lost, you could always take our React questionnaire to narrow down your focus a bit more. If you'd rather choose manually from this list, here are a few tips to get you started in your search of React.js developers for hire. First, are you willing to hire remotely? What about offshore? Toptal, Freelancer, and Arc.dev offer services that can match you to a local developer or relocate one. You can usually specify local-only on job posting boards. On the other side of the spectrum, ValueCoders and MobilUnity are specifically marketed as offshore companies. The rest of this list offers stellar remote services, and many come with apps such as instant messaging to simplify communication.
What about budget? Toptal, Arc.dev, Dice, and Gigster are certainly on the upper end of the price range. These sites have the most talented of the bunch but are almost definitely out of reach for smaller companies. ThinkMobiles, Crew, and Hired are a few that work well for small- to medium-sized budgets. And, of course, there are always free services like Upwork, Guru, and Work React Native.
Finally, do you want a team or an individual? And how much control over the hiring process would you like? On one hand, companies like MobilUnity and Gigster take control of the entire process, which may be undesirable, but a cohesive team is ensured. Picking a company like X-Team, ValueCoders, or BrainHub is a good compromise; the developers have likely worked together before and you won't need to worry about disputes or lack of management.
On the other hand, if you use sites like Upwork, Dice, Freelancer, or Stack Overflow, you may have more control, but you're also wholly responsible for turning that team of strangers into an integrated unit. Not to mention vetting applications, interviewing, and other timely activities. These job boards are best suited for individual hiring unless you're up to the challenge.
|Freelance Platform||Trustpilot score||Key point||Vetting||Guarantee||Fee to post projects||Talent status||Rate & Share|
|1||Toptal||4.8||High-profile clients||Top 3% Talent. Rigorous Vetting||Pay only if satisfied||$500 as a credit for the first project||Freelancers||Yes|
|2||X-Team||4.8||High-performing, on-demand teams of developers||Yes||#N/A||#N/A||Freelancers||Yes|
|3||Hired||4.4||Connect with top tech talent||Yes||Seller protection||Can try for free||Freelancers||Yes|
Ultimately, which sites you employ depends on a multitude of factors, such as:
- How quickly do you need to hire a front-end developer (i.e. your timeline)
- How much experience do you have hiring front-end developers
- Whether or not you're equipped to test technical skills
- How many developers do you need to bring on
- What level of experience do those front-end developers need
- Whether or not you're open to remote workers
- What your budget constraints are
- How important quality is to your project(s)
Hiring React developers - FAQ
- What are the limitations of React?
- A big limitation or con of React is the frequent updates in technologies. This means React developers must constantly up their skills, relearn new processes, and learn about new trends and technologies in the React framework. The frequent updates also mean there’s not much documentation or tutorials for every update, so that can leave developers to fend for themselves.
- What is the difference between React and Reactjs?
- When to choose React over another language?
- Usually, the main reason why web developers from around the world have decided to switch over to React is because of ease of development. Compared to other popular frontend frameworks like Angular & Vue, React is relatively easier to learn. This is one of the main reasons behind the popularity of React among developers in such little time. With React, developers can enable businesses to quickly build software solutions.
- What are the React-based frameworks?
- A React-based framework offers ready-to-use React components to augment and speed up the software development process. Here are the top 10 React UI frameworks for developers in 2022: React Bootstrap, Semantic UI React, Material UI, React Redux, Blueprint UI, Grommet, Ant Design, Chakra UI, Fluent UI, and Evergreen.