For business owners running an online store, Magento is a great platform to consider. It's built on open source PHP technology which provides a lot of flexibility and functionality. Online merchants can build an online shopping cart, and customize the style and functionality of their e-commerce store.
For large, high-budget e-commerce projects, you may want to go with a Magento development partner or a freelancer marketplace that includes Magento experts and dedicated Magento developers.
On the other hand, for a smaller project such as a Magento integration, you may wish to use flexible freelancer marketplaces like Upwork, Guru, and PeoplePerHour where you can set a budget of any size. And if you want full control over the hiring process, Hired, Stack Overflow, and PeoplePerHour allow you to find and interview developers on your own. You may also want to consider hiring Shopify developers if you are building an online store.
What about experience? A service like Toptal ensures that you receive only the best, while hiring from a PHP development company means a guarantee of at least a moderate amount of knowledge. If less experience is fine with you, a job posting board like Upwork or PeoplePerHour is perfect, since you can find people from all skill sets.
If you need a team and have no managing experience, you may wish to hire from an agency; you'll know that these people have worked together before. Lastly, job boards and social media searches are where you can find less experienced workers at a lower price. There's no guarantee of quality, but if you just need the work done fast, that's the way to go.
As you can see, finding Magento developers isn't so hard. There are plenty of websites that can bring you and an experienced specialist together. The difficulty comes in figuring out what you want, which sites to use, and picking a suitable candidate from the hundreds and thousands of Magento experts out there.
With all these options, you might not know where to begin. So, consider the requirements of your project and the factors that will go into choosing a developer, such as:
- How big is your project? Short-term or long-term?
- How much are you willing to pay?
- Do you want to be matched to a web developer? Or do you want to find them yourself?
- How much experience do you require?
- Do you need local or remote workers?
- Do you need a Magento development team or will an individual Magento expert work?
- What is your experience with project management on ecommerce platforms?
If you still feel overwhelmed, consider taking our questionnaire to further narrow down what you're looking for. It may just help point you in the right direction.
Hiring Magento developers FAQs
- Are Adobe Commerce Developers in Demand?
- Consumer shopping trends toward e-commerce mean that more companies will establish online stores to remain competitive. Magento/Adobe Commerce is a leading platform supported by the power of the Adobe company’s business solutions. There is a significant demand for developers with knowledge and experience using this platform.
- Where can I find freelance Adobe Commerce developers?
- Some of the best platforms to hire are:
- Magento Partners
- Zaptech Solutions
See the complete list of sites to hire Adobe Commerce developers.
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire an Adobe Commerce Developer?
- In the U.S., the average yearly salary for Magento/Adobe Commerce developers is $114,160 or $55 per hour. Annual salaries range from $19,500 to $155,000, with factors such as skill levels, years of experience, and location affecting compensation amounts.
- How Do I Hire Adobe Commerce Developers?
- Many businesses hire an Adobe Commerce developer to gain the most benefits from the platform. Whether your project is small or large, you need to decide if you’ll hire a part-time, full-time, or freelance developer; you may need to hire a team for more expansive projects. Determine your:
- Timeline for completion
- Desired developer experience and skillsets
- Why Should You Hire an Adobe Commerce Developer?
- Formerly Magento, Adobe Commerce is a top e-commerce platform. Packed with powerful features and merchandising tools, companies of all sizes utilize the Adobe Commerce platform for better B2B and B2C exposure and sales. Benefits include:
- AI-driven personalization
- Seamless integration with other Adobe products
- Multi-channel eCommerce capabilities
- Flexibility and scalability
- Improved customer experience