The 13 Best IT Job Boards For Hiring
Finding talented IT professionals isn’t all that hard, especially since there are a plethora of software developers, website programmers, app-building experts, quality analysts, among other IT professionals available for hire. However, finding the right IT professionals that will perfectly match your requirements and understand your project to deliver the right results can be rather overwhelming.
As a budding recruiter, it’s wise to turn to online job boards, hiring websites, and staffing platforms that will understand your unique needs and do the legwork of filtering profiles and hiring for you.
Here is a list of 13 IT tech job boards that can help businesses and recruiters find top IT tech talent.
Founded in 2010, Toptal is widely regarded as a leading talent matching service primarily due to its stringent hiring techniques. In fact, this high-level of scrutiny ensures that only 3 percent of top IT talent makes the cut. From seasoned brands to powerhouse businesses to up and coming startups, Toptal’s developers are trusted by them all.
An elite pool of IT talent backed by rather stern hiring standards makes Toptal one of the best IT job boards to rely on.
- Rigorous screening process ensures high-quality developers and IT professionals
- No-risk trial, pay only when satisfied
- Trusted by leading brands
With a mission to connect businesses with talented IT professionals, Gun.io happens to be one of the best tech hiring platforms. Founded in 2011, Gun.io prides itself on its vast pool of highly-capable and professional IT experts. Numerous brands, businesses, and startups rely on Gun.io’s job board to hire developers and programmers for their critical projects.
To better meet the specific and unique needs of a business’s talent requirements, Gun.io offers a variety of recruitment plans.
- Agile hiring model
- Customers include leading brands
- Screening process to hire talent
Dice is one of the best job boards for employers who wish to connect with a unique, diverse, and qualified pool of tech talent. Dice offers employers the opportunity to share their brand with candidates while also scheduling targeted campaigns to attract the right candidates.
Employers also have the option to let Dice do the screening and sourcing of talent. With millions of unique tech profiles to choose from, Dice’s TalentSearch function helps employers recruit candidates faster and more efficiently.
- Option of running targeted campaigns to hire the right candidates
- Dedicated database of technology professionals
- Trusted by technical recruiters
Founded in 2002, LinkedIn is one of the best social media and networking platforms for recruiters, brands, businesses, and professionals from all walks of life. LinkedIn is particularly handy for posting jobs and for job seekers posting their resumes. LinkedIn was acquired by Microsoft in 2016 and currently boasts of over 675 million monthly users.
LinkedIn’s trusted messaging environment coupled with many smart and simple-to-use search filters and recommendations feature makes it a promising platform to search for tech job seekers.
- Trusted by leading brands like Amazon, Nestle, Unilever, Dropbox, and more.
- Dedicated job board
- Vast global pool of professional and talented tech experts
Launched in November 2004, Indeed is a comprehensive employment-related search engine for job listings. It is a subsidiary of Recruit Co. Ltd. and is co-headquartered in Austin, Texas and Stamford, Connecticut with additional offices around the world.
Indeed’s simple and powerful tools enable employers to source, screen, and hire faster. Employers also have the option to sponsor their job opening to ensure it gets seen by the right people. Millions of noteworthy businesses use Indeed to fulfil their recruitment requirements.
- Dedicated job search platform
- Trusted by numerous leading businesses
- Convenience of hiring via the mobile app
- Indeed Employer Dashboard makes it easy to manage recruitment
Formerly Elance-Desk, Upwork is a global freelance platform that offers businesses to connect with talented job seekers. Founded in 2015, Upwork helps employers find IT professionals like web and app developers, eCommerce developers, gaming specialists, designers, and more.
Upwork is on a mission to connect businesses with talented professionals and this is furthered by their advanced matching tech. This feature enables recruiters to match their requirements with relevant developers and tech job seekers.
- Easy to find quality matches
- Trusted by over 5 million businesses in the likes of Microsoft, GoDaddy, and Airbnb, to name a few
- Flexible payment options
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Hired enables recruiters to save an average of 45 hours of sourcing tech talent. Hired’s expert talent curation and AI matching platform vet over 70,000 highly-talented applicants on a monthly basis.
Apart from supporting dozens of tech roles and offering quality tech talent to employers, Hired is known to significantly ease the recruitment process. Hired helps employers to standardize evaluation processes and reduce hiring bias with relevant, valuable, and consistent questions.
- High-quality developers
- Strong global presence
- Flexible and personalized hiring options
WeWorkRemotely is one of the largest remote work communities in the world. Launched in 2011, WeWorkRemotely witnesses millions of monthly visitors and is trusted by leading brands such as Google, Amazon, Basecamp, and more
In fact, programming and software engineering jobs happen to be a popular job category with WeWorkRemotely. The job search platform enables businesses to find qualified remote IT specialists, developers, engineers, and more with the right set of skills to meet project requirements with great ease.
- Popular job board for job seekers and remote workers
- Trusted by pioneering brands
- Large pool of skilled tech professionals and developers
Glassdoor is one of the world’s largest job and recruiting sites. Headquartered in Mill Valley, California and founded in 2007, Glassdoor focuses on increasing workplace transparency and offers millions of the latest job listings.
Given Glassdoor’s strong global presence, thousands of employers across all industries and sizes turn to them to recruit and hire quality candidates at scale who stay longer. With more than a 75% satisfaction rate, Glassdoor makes for a suitable IT job board platform to hire developers and tech talent.
- Large global pool of IT talent
- Easy accessibility via the Glassdoor app
- Trusted by millions of candidates and businesses
Touted as one of the best, most secure, and cost-effective freelance talent platforms in the world, Guru makes it easy for employers and freelancers to connect and collaborate efficiently. Guru is currently home to hundreds of thousands of programming and development experts.
Guru also offers 24/7 customer support along with a host of flexible hiring options and payment terms to better meet the unique needs and requirements of every individual business.
- Flexible hiring and payment options
- 24/7 customer support
- A commendable talent pool of programmers, developers, database experts, networking professionals, and more
PeoplePerHour is an online talent matchmaking platform that connects businesses with a vast global community of freelancers. Trusted by thousands of businesses from across the globe, PeoplePerHour offers expert talents for every imaginable skillset for a relatively low cost.
PeoplePerHour vets every freelancer while their artificial intelligence system does the hard work of matching and contracting top-notch freelance talent. The platform offers promising tech engineers and IT talent whilst serving as a great job board for businesses looking to hire freelance talent.
- Trusted by numerous businesses
- Pre-vetted expert tech specialists and developers
- Cost-effective platform
Headquartered in San Francisco, Gigster helps businesses create game-changing software by offering world-class talent along with elastic staffing options. Gigster gives recruiters access to an elite team of developers, project managers, designers, and more, who deliver quality results time and time again.
Trusted by the world’s leading companies, Gigster helps businesses source Machine Learning experts, app developers, product managers, among other talented tech professionals from across the globe.
- Talented tech specialists
- Data-driven processes
- Personalized solutions
Sunscrapers helps leading businesses to drive business growth and transform with technology. Having worked with top brands in the likes of ESPN, Samsung, Spotify, Volvo, and Unilever, Sunscrapers is trusted by businesses across verticals to deliver specialized tech projects.
- Python experts
- Data science & web development services
- Trusted by leading brands
Conclusion: Which IT Job Board is Right for You?
Every job board mentioned above boasts of highly capable IT experts, developers, and more. And while platforms like Toptal are trusted job boards for hiring tech talent and commissioning all the recruitment responsibilities, it’s important to understand what parameters to consider before choosing the right IT job board platform for your business.
Here are a few some common parameters to keep in mind before choosing an IT job board platform for your next hir:
1. Reputation: Read reviews to check what previous customers have to say about the job board or its developers.
2. Experience: Check the seniority and skill set of the developers and the experience of the job board as a whole to manage a project like yours.
3. Quality of clients: Check which other brands and businesses have worked with the job board.
4. Quality of talent: Check if the work done by the developers of a particular job board have won any awards or accolades. Also, study the projects made by the job board’s developers.
5. Estimates: Do a thorough study to ensure that the cost of the job board meets your estimated costs.
The IT job boards mentioned above along with the handy tips to pick the right one will surely help you to find talented developers and IT experts to meet your requirements.